From: Prem Sabhlok < >
Rtam- Eternal Laws of God along with their Veda Mantra/Rik numbers
A person should not remain content with glorification of God and Prayer. He/She should obey the eternal Laws of God (Rtam), and (Know the) purpose of human birth by refraining from Unrighteousness. GOD Sees All. (Rig Veda)
A few Veda Mantras/Riks/Hymns relating to eternal Laws of God (Rtam) are provided below for the information of Seekers of Vedic Knowledge.
- Rig Veda 5-4-10, 11-31-1 and Yajur Veda 36-18: Guide mankind create Social organizations based on Laws of God- Rtam and Stayam (eternal truth) so that we do not pollute and deface benign Mother Earth. These mantras further advise develop WE Feeling.
- Yajur Veda 6-4 ordains: “O: Man, study God’s works of creation, preservation and dissolution where HE determines His Laws”. Having created these laws He follows these Laws sternly and abides in His own Laws. These Laws are applicable to all human beings, animals, birds, fishes, reptiles for their full freedom and happiness A.V 4-1-3
- Like an affectionate Mother Prakrti (divine Nature) teaches these Laws through Her Book of Nature which even blind people, animals, fishes and others can read. – A.V XI-1-23
- Yajur Veda 26-1 says, “We can get knowledge of these eternal Laws of God through seven forces of Nature viz: Sun, Moon, Firmament, Waters, Clouds, Fire and Earth.”
- Rig Veda 1-75-5 ordains “Rtam Satyam Vijnani” Laws of God (Rtam) are eternal Truth (Satyam), and knowing these Laws is Knowledge.” Thus, Laws of God are part of higher Knowledge (Para Gnan) in Vedas.
- Rig Veda 1-124-15: Following these Laws you remain away from misery and get bliss.
- Rig Veda 1-25-1: O merciful God, be kind to us as we violate your Laws knowingly and unknowingly day after day.
- Yajur Veda 25-13: Reminds mankind that tampering and transgressing these Laws is miser and death.
- Rig Veda 1-62-2 makes it clear: “If concept of righteousness deviates even slightly from these eternal Laws, then that is no longer Dharma. Thus, following the Laws of God is Vedic Dharma.
- If Religion is Dharma, it is then Rta (Taittriya Upanishad 1-2) All Dharma, Artha, Kama and Moksha should be based on Rta, otherwise is Adharma.
- Rig Veda 1-124-15 “Following these Laws you remain away from misery and get Bliss”
- V 1-25-1 “O merciful God, be kind to us as we violate your Laws knowingly and 1-unknowingly day after day.’
- 1-162-2: If concept of righteousness deviates even slightly from these divine Laws (Rtam) that is no longer Dharma.
- RV 1-12-7: These holy Laws are eternal. If any Law which changes with Time and Space is not Rta.
- Tampering and Transgressing these Laws is misery and even Death
There are a few hundred more Mantras/Riks on Rtam as well as number of Rtam explained in e-book Glimpses of Vedic Metaphysics for online reading and even taking print at no cost on website http://www.sabhlokcity.com/metaphysics
Revival of Vedas will help in removal of all kind of social, moral, physical and spiritual pollution which is spreading very fast on this divine Planet created by God.