From: Satya D < >
West Bengal Burning due to Islamic Jihad – India needs to stop it
Many countries have realized that they need act decisively on the ‘poisonous Islamist ideology’ as David Cameron administration put it, before it gets too late. (See article below how UK plans to handle it).
India more than any country is the receiving end of the violent extremist Islamic terrorism. West Bengal has become literally war zone with 400 villages/towns in multiple districts actively being ethnically cleansed. It is the poor (overwhelmingly Hindus) who are affected, their properties destroyed, their temples demolished and worse their women molested and girls kidnapped. This is literally a war type situation where living has become literally a hell. Every few days new Mosques are coming up and right before our eyes, the country side, nay many districts are become Islamized rapidly and actively cleansed ethnically. Organizations like Hindu Samhati and Tappan Ghosh have been recording at the great risk to their lives the events (see http://HinduSamhati.blogspot.com )
How is the State Government in West Bengal handling it? In the name of appeasement for votes, they are slapping communal cases against those who are defending themselves. Police would not even want to go and liberate the girls who were kidnapped or sometimes tell the victims to suffer silently in the name of communal peace!! Even the West Bengal State BJP leadership (Rahul Sinha?) is a pseudo secular person who would run if a minority affected but would not even raise even once when village after village and even towns start to be cleansed of Hindus. (I was told even by the local BJP leaders that this gentleman is pseudo secular person, like Sudheendra Kulkarni in the center in 2009 who will deliver disaster to the party by losing opportunity to create a vote bank for BJP).
Is this a matter for just West Bengal? This is a threat to the whole nation. As one activist put it, it is a shame that Gov’t sends armed police with machine guns to handle a small protest in front of a church but when the whole country side is subject to such violent extremism nothing is even mentioned anywhere nor any politician talk about it. If our Government is for all people, why is it not protecting everyone?
How can there be any development possible when the security itself at stake. Should the basic security of the country be first priority? We can build smart cities today but if they are communally destructive it will go in vapor in short time. Mark this words, no progress of a nation would be standing without the security of its peoples.
Can we not create a nation with complete no-nonsense approach to extremism? Can we not learn from other countries? It is not just countries like China handling with iron hand with Islamic extremism such as not even permitting to grow beards, four times prayers during working time or fasting during Ramadaan, it is democratic countries that are taking very firm and deterministic actions to handle this problem. UK is just waking up to it. Austria banned any funding from Arab countries into their nation and required Imams to speak German language. Nay, even Muslim countries like Kazhakasthan have banned naming using Arabic names. For all its talk, every Mosque in US are monitored and every potential Jihadi is monitored. Wiki quotes recently expired Singapore premier that Islamic ideology is a poisonous ideology that requires firm action.
What is amazing is our leadership feels it needs to answer the questions of Western media and institutions on the communal situation in India. Do we need certificates from them? We need to challenge the premises of such questions. Can’t we see the intention to weaken India with such questions? Does anyone ask China, does anyone asks Putin or even those in US where every day there are problems across cities and towns with racial issues? Who are they to teach India? What is our weak mindedness that we feel the need to answer their questions instead of challenging them? Did China prove their human rights record to get investment into their nation?
Today, India stands at cusp of turning point. How we handle the population growth of Muslims, how we handle the funding and radicalization using Arab money, empowering Muslim women so that they refuse to become baby machines with enslavement will determine India future. All it takes is some bold steps. This is not a matter of state versus center subject, this is a matter of country’s unity, its progress.
Even simple thoughtful ideas can have enormous impact but what it requires is the will. We cannot be cowardly in dealing with extremism and hope to build a strong nation. Lack of will today could potentially be another brutally partitioned India in just one generation.
1) First and foremost, let us address population growth, particularly Muslim population growth, because every part of India where Muslims grow, there are enough number of them deny the rights of the non-Muslims, whether it is Kashmir state, West Bengal districts or a Tamilnadu villages. This is what Cameron calls the ‘poisonous Islamic ideology’. It is not just implementing Uniform Civil Code. It requires drastic action such as disenfranchisement or cancelling ration cards for having many children, banning any teaching whether it is in print media (Urdu media) or worship places to have more children. People working on the ground says this is one single reason that motivates attacks and looting of non-Muslim population.
2) Implement strict national security laws against radicalization in the country such as worship places by closely monitoring them. There are different models like American Patriots Act that we can study.
3) Pool the money from Arabian countries and use it for welfare of minority women encouraging them to stop being baby machines. Require licensing of worship places so that worship places are not constructed where there are no congregations, but built with intent of conversion.
4) Clarify Article 30 and 30.1 of constitution to stop its gross misuse of minority education institutions so that it requires majority of minority members. Better scrap biased Articles 30 and 30.1 so that country integrate faster.
5) Create a no-nonsense security force ready to handle communal situations that go beyond State and Center jurisdictions.
6) Empower Muslim women who want to be progressive and not forced or brainwashed whether as baby machines or as wearing the demeaning burkha or be one of the many wives.
7) Stop Madrassa education or continue to convert into academic education bereft of ‘poisonous Islamic ideology’.
8) No ‘poisonous Islamic ideology’ has ever helped Muslims as well. It drove them into abyss while carrying everyone along with them and destroying the nations. Pakistan, Bangla Desh and Afghanistan are just few examples on our border. We need to figure out ways to drive Muslims away from Clergy and their stranglehold on them by encouraging the genuine progressive ones (not the pseudo ones like some movie khans).
Is the country ready? Let us start by recognizing the utmost danger if we continue to ignore West Bengal.